Thank you so much for your interest in the RBWH Foundation Compassion Crew. Applications for the first intake of 2021 are now closed but please feel free to lodge an Expression of Interest, below, in our next intake, which is due to start recruiting within the next few months.
About the Compassion Crew
The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) volunteer Compassion Crew are a welcoming and friendly point of contact for patients, families and visitors. This loyal group of inspirational volunteers helps RBWH create and promote a caring, compassionate and efficient environment.
Crew members are dynamic individuals who selflessly give their time on a weekly basis and come from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds, ages and levels of experience.
The Compassion Crew works closely with patients and their families in clinical and non-clinical areas of the hospital, helping provide an innovative and contemporary volunteer program that meets the needs of RBWH.
Compassion Crew members have the opportunity to improve patients’, families’ and visitors’ experiences at the hospital through a variety of roles that complement the work of paid staff and align to the values of the RBWH.
Compassion Crew volunteers will assist with:
- Wayfinding and Deliveries to Patients
- Companionship and Support
- Improving Patient Experience
Shifts are at the following times Monday to Friday (subject to availability):
- 8.30am to 12.30pm
- 12.00pm to 4.00pm
You will receive
- RBWH Food Court lunch allowance during every shift
- RBWH Foundation T-shirt, cap and lanyard will be provided when you initially join the Compassion Crew
- a great way to meet new people
- develop professional skills
- prepare for a career in health care
- become an active part of the community
You can nominate a day and either a morning or afternoon shift which fits in with your commitments and lifestyle, however we do ask that you commit to a minimum of four hours per week for a minimum period of six months. After three months we will sit down together and evaluate your experience to see if we are meeting each other’s needs.
Simple Steps to becoming a
Compassion Crew Member
- Complete the form below
- A phone call from the Volunteers Manager to arrange an interview
- Undertake a mandatory screening process which includes a Criminal History check, as well as reference check
- Complete Qld Health Mandatory online training modules
- Attend two ‘Welcome to the Royal’ onsite orientation sessions